Optic Cabling at the Core of Your Network
A fibre optic infrastructure provides our customers network with bandwidth and transmission speeds beyond expectation, a fibre optic infrastructure can transform any business with a significant increase in speed and numbers of users simultaneously accessing data such as video and conferencing, hand held wireless devices & collaborative software.
Neill Technical Services have in-house fibre technicians who have been installing fibre optic infrastructure for over 3 decades in the UK, Ireland and Continental Europe. Our complete understanding of fibre optic and IT network cabling is why we are the preferred partner of choice to our many clients.
Our clients have enterprise and electrical networks contained within a range of large-scale offices, national & multi-national office locations, production and packaging environments, petro-chemical plants, oil & gas production facilities (on and Off-shore), hazardous area environments, Local Government, Schools, Colleges and Universities, and multiple remote locations throughout the UK, Ireland & Continental Europe.
The installation of fibre optic cable can be used for IP CCTV, Backbone link cabling between equipment rooms and telecommunications closets, campus network solutions, and where there is a need for large network data transfer within data storage centres. It is also is the main back bone link for Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN), Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) or if there is a cable length issue with using copper cable solutions like Cat5e or Cat6 cabling systems (maximum 90m copper cable installation).
The real benefits of using fibre optic cabling within your network infrastructures are:
- Fibre optic cabling has the capacity to transfer data at high speeds over long distances
- Its immunity to Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI)
- Its inherent security benefits – it’s very difficult to tap into a fibre cable to read the data signals over your network
As cabling systems become larger and the need to transmit data at ever increasing rates becomes greater; the case for fibre optic cabling becomes more relevant. Whether it is used as a vertical backbone or to link buildings across a campus, fibre optic cabling offers a modern, cost-effective solution.
- Multimode cables (OM1, OM2 and OM3 & OM4)
- Singlemode cables (OS1 and OS2)
- Tight Buffered and Loose Tube constructions
- Pre-Terminated Solutions (Ideal for Data centre projects Etc)
- Internal, External and Universal sheath options
- Rodent Resistant CSTA and Steel Wire Armoured cables for harsh environments
- Fibre To The Desk (FTTD)
- ST, SC, MT-RJ, LC terminations
- Greater speed
- Removes distance related barriers
- Fibre is inert so perfect for IS areas
Neill Technical Services have the capability to carry out on-site terminations using fusion splicing or a variety of direct termination techniques (hot melt, cold cure, crimp, etc.). Testing can be carried out using Power Light Meters or Optical Time Domain Reflectometers (OTDRs) and test results are provided as part of the final documentation.
- Backbone Links
- Fibre Patch Panels
- Sub-contract Fibre Termination
- Hazardous / IS area links
- External Armoured – CSTA & SWA
- Fibre Containment Systems
- Long Haul Telecommunications Links
- Breakdown and fault finding
Neill Technical Services offer our Fibre connectivity to other systems installers such as; CCTV, Access Control, Network Installers, System Integrators and Automation Control companies on a sub-contract basis.
Structured Cabling – Connects Users to the Core of Your Network
Structured cabling forms the foundation of any IT network – it powers systems, transports data and connects users. Every organisation relies on a fast, reliable and secure structured cabling foundation in order to deliver full network functionality.
Neill Technical Services designs, builds, operates and maintains (DBOM) cabling infrastructures for organisations of all sizes, operating across all sectors and Geographies.
Whether you are expanding your network, consolidating assets, relocating a data centre or moving to new premises, Neill Technical Services can provide the structured cabling solution that meets your exact requirements. Our services span every cabling lifecycle and we provide a comprehensive structured cabling managed service which allows us to monitor on-going IT infrastructure needs.
INTELLIGENT INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT (IIM)
IIM solutions provide the missing link between real-time network management tools and the structured cabling infrastructures that connect network devices together.
Effective planning and documentation of network infrastructure enables clients to maintain full control over their assets while minimising equipment and manpower costs, expensive downtime and troubleshooting.
Neill Technical Services an IIM specialist team of experts on hand to assess your requirements before designing and installing a bespoke solution that integrates with your other business critical software systems.
Our support doesn’t stop there either; once implemented, we provide bespoke support and training packages that equip your IT team with the skills and knowledge required to get the very best from the IIM system.
WHY Neill Technical Services?
Neill Technical Services has more than 5 decades of combined in house’ experience delivering structured cabling services to many of the UK’s largest organisations. It partners with some of the Europe’s leading vendors, including Siemon, Brand-Rex, Panduit, Connectix and Draka.
Neill Technical Services has a team of fully trained and certified in-house consultants, who design Cat5e, Cat6 & Cat6A structured cabling solutions, the design team rely on our implementation team of fully skilled, industry accredited, engineers who install, test & commission these cabling solutions to a very high quality standard adhering to Health & Safety legislation at all times.
To this end; Neill Technical Services offer a true end-to-end service from design to installation, management to maintenance.
NTS IT Networking Services
Neill Technical Services in-house expertise has been garnered over decades of combined experience working with network infrastructure and telecoms systems. Network infrastructure has evolved during the last two decades; but despite this IT evolution, there is still a requirement for resilient architecture to underpin your final solution.
Today’s infrastructure can be on-premise, a virtual cloud service or a hybrid of both. It is critical to make sure the foundation is right for the future to support business critical applications. With our network infrastructure experience, telecoms experience and our consulting expertise; we are uniquely equipped to devise smart solutions. We have a complete understanding of the emerging technologies to recommend the optimal infrastructure solutions to support your application, service and resource requirements.
Network Performance Audit and Design
Change is the root of most network problems, especially in larger or more established organisations. Complexity breeds cost and people inevitably do things – and attach things – that affect the way the network performs. NTS’s Network Audit and Design service provides the insight into your infrastructure that will allow rapid and effective remedies, for equipment migrations, convergence of legacy systems and suitability of your existing cabling infrastructure.
Site Assessment & Preparation Services
Neill Technical Services offer the complete range of Audit, survey and site preparations solutions to facilitate the implementation, upgrade and migration of your enterprise networking environment.
Neill Technical Services Site Assessment and Preparations services are essential steps in any IT Network integration projects; increasing solution reliability and availability.
Preparing your sites in advance of a new equipment rollout or infrastructure change reduces overall installation time and minimises disruptions or downtime within your business operations during the process. In fact, leveraging our professional site assessment and preparation services is one of the best safeguards for ensuring a smooth deployment process.
Features and Benefits
Neill Technical Services Site Assessment and Preparation Services helps our customers better determine implementation requirements necessary for integrating new technology. Our site assessment & preparation service ensures site readiness for new equipment integration.
The Features of this service are as follows:
• Site Survey – Identifies the level of site readiness to integrate new technology
• Site Inventory – Identifies assets within your existing environment
• Site Preparation Services – Includes, structured cabling services, power provision and power protection.
• Design Validation – Ensures the design developed by a third party can be installed and will be interoperable in your new infrastructure
The Benefits of this service are as follows:
• Clear assessment of additional services required prior to installation
• Reduced installation time and eliminating unexpected downtime or errors
• Increased network uptime
• Improved hardware availability
• Extended equipment life
• Compliance with international standards & industry regulations
Professional Engineering Design, Consulting & Installation Services for Wireless Data Networks
NTS provides complete Wi-Fi consulting services including Wi-Fi network design, installation and support services. We bring a full range of RF engineering services to measure, test, and confirm the signal propagation, noise and interference characteristics of your environment.
In conjunction with our design methods, our on-site RF spectrum analysis and coverage survey services provide you with maximum assurance that your wireless network will work properly.
NTS are a professional and experienced wireless network provider. Our experienced engineering team supports your wireless network with professional wireless network design services, equipment configuration and staging, installation planning and implementation, plus full on-site, pre- and post-installation site survey, RF spectrum analysis, and performance verification services.
NO CIRCLES! – Don’t Draw Circles on a Floorplan to Create a Wi-Fi Design
NTS Wireless engineering services; support every stage of the wireless network lifecycle, which includes but is not limited to the following:
• Our design team creates accurate virtual models of your site to develop a design that takes the entire network system into consideration and not just one test access point being moved around by an on-site engineer in a conventional Wi-Fi 802.11 on-site survey design
• Our experienced engineering team brings professional consulting services to your project with a depth and breadth of experience that is the best in the industry. Our wireless consulting services include IT service professionals with experience and expertise beyond the wireless network and into the realm of TCP/IP networking and security capability assessment
• A full range of technical support services are available throughout the entire project lifecycle: a wireless LAN configuration service that provides configuration and staging of equipment prior to shipment, our unique approach in helping your IT team bring the system up, on-site installation services, and complete post-installation support
• Wi-Fi network support for visitor access gateways, firewalls, 802.1x RADIUS support, 802.11 authentication with LDAP and Active Directory integration, VLAN configuration and the complete list of challenges that are encountered when a new data communications system is integrated with an existing wired network infrastructure
• On-call technical assistance when you have a question or problem (business hours in UK; some 24X7 support options are available)
• Unmatched, personalised wireless network tech support – personalised because NTS provided the initial design and the on-site spectrum analysis services so we know the network
• Integrated wireless network professional services that include physical site assessment services to address aesthetic or regulatory concerns and to create detailed installation plans, complete customer education services to help you understand how to manage and control your new system and ad hoc consulting to meet any special concerns or issues that may arise
NTS offers various wireless network support packages with options and price points to meet your needs.
Provide NTS with your floorplans and we’ll create a complete wireless network system design. We call this an “NTS Predictive WiFi Design” and it’s either included as part of an NTS Turnkey Wireless LAN solution or provided as a stand-alone design service for any customer’s wireless requirement.
The “NTS Predictive WiFi Design” is more accurate and less expensive than having someone walk around with a handheld RF measuring tool performing a manual Wi-Fi site survey.
NTS provide Certified 802.11 Wi-Fi wireless LAN consulting which includes a number of special services that have been quantified by us to formalise the Statement of Work associated with a wireless consulting project.
• Design Calibration
• RF Spectrum Analysis
• Physical Site Assessment and Installation Planning
• Post-Installation Verification
• Real-Time Application Throughput Testing
• Gap Analysis and Remediation
• Expanded Engineering Enhancements
• Wireless Network Security and Capacity Planning
• Integration with Legacy Wired Ethernet Network Consulting
After your wireless network is installed, Post-Installation Site Verification provides documented assurance that RF coverage throughout your site meets the project specifications.
NTS’s Predictive WiFi Design is used to create a system design, this is highly accurate and, for many sites, anomalies will be identified if they’re noticed by the user community. On the other hand, many applications demand a formalised confirmation of the RF coverage. This applies to hospitals, manufacturing and production facilities, or any location where system performance must be tested and documented. The NTS Post-Installation Site Verification Services meet this requirement.
NTS provides a number of technical support services to accompany our turnkey wireless LAN systems or we can provide support for troubleshooting and problem resolution even if the equipment or design wasn’t procured from NTS.
Our support team is ready and waiting to help you with your Wireless Network system.
Whether you’re connecting buildings together on a corporate or educational campus or providing public access, law enforcement, or emergency services connectivity in your community or large geographic area, NTS has the resources and experience to deliver projects which are; right the first time, on-budget, and in-spec.
We provide the design services, the outdoor wireless mesh and wireless bridge equipment, ruggedized access points for client connectivity, and full installation and maintenance services.
NTS can dispatch installation teams throughout the United Kingdom, Ireland & Continental Europe and the NTS lead engineer will be on-site driving the installation and performing a project management role for the project.
With NTS handling the installation you avoid the challenges associated with scheduling and coordinating the installation project yourself whether your resources are in-house or you’re contracting with local installers yourself.
If you’re implementing an RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) system for inventory control, location services, or any other RFID application you’re likely to need an in-building, warehouse-wide, or site-wide 802.11 Wi-Fi wireless network to which portable RFID readers can communicate. It’s the Wi-Fi backhaul network that lets portable readers connect back to the database in real-time.
NTS understands the interaction between RFID interrogation and Wi-Fi communication. We’ll create a design for a wireless LAN that meets the requirements for your RFID backhaul communications.
NTS specialises in the design of in-building and outdoor 802.11 wireless LAN systems that are required to support wireless Voice-over-IP (VoIP or “Voice-over-Wireless-LAN” VoWLAN). A wireless VoIP system design must pay close attention to signal coverage, adjacent coverage cell overlap, signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and signal-to-interference ratio (SIR).
Using our RF modelling software, NTS can help assure that your wireless VoIP Wi-Fi design will provide the coverage, call quality and availability that your project’s requirements specify.
When you’re depending on wireless technology to provide converged voice and data network services you can’t settle for a “best guess” design or the potential for intermittent wireless internet access. Wireless products, whether they’re providing wireless solutions for Wi-Fi hotspots or Wi-Fi phones, can’t do their job unless they have a “clean” network in which to operate.
Do you need on-site consulting services for Wi-Fi and supporting technologies? Sophisticated Wi-Fi wireless LAN implementations need sophisticated design services and consulting services as an immediately available resource. NTS provides that resource with wireless network engineers ready to work with your on-site team, or independently, to deliver VoIP consulting services, VoIP network design, VoIP solutions, VoIP design tests and verification strategy, as well as full support for Wi-Fi data networking.